Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bible verse of the day...James 5:15 (NIV)

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. James 5:15 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

Many times I've been sick and it is very frustrating when I can't do anything except lying down or sleeping. I don't want to get sick but it is common for us to get sick. I always pray for good health not only for myself but also for the people I love. I remember when I was in high school when my grandfather was admitted to the hospital. The entire school prayed for him because he was once a school principal of the same school. That prayer and the prayer of the entire family helped him. He eventually recovered after a few weeks or so. I think when we pray to God sincerely not only in times of sickness, He hears them. Our faith in Him must be strong because we know that He can do anything. There are many stories in the bible regarding faith and healing. We can see in these stories that our God is a great healer and He can heal anyone who have faith in Him.

No comments: