Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bible verse of the day...1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

This is a verse which challenges everybody to strive hard in order to get eternal life with God. It is not easy to aim for a prize because it requires rigorous training and self-sacrifice. For instance, if you are an athlete for the upcoming Olympic Games, you need to wake up very early in the morning to train. It requires a lot of discipline and long hours of practice. Same with aiming for the golden crown. We should not waste time doing nothing but rather, we should accept God's challenge to do His commandments and share the good news to others. Proclaiming His goodness and gospel may not be easy because many does not accept His words. There are times that God's adversary will do things that are just the opposite of what God does that would affect us somehow. However, we should not be discourage because we know that God is with us. It really takes a lot of pain but it's worth taking to have that golden crown.


No comments: