Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Luke 12:4-5 (NIV)

"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him." Luke 12:4-5 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

Most of us are afraid of dying. It's a human nature. We really don't know when we will die and how we will die. Some may die due to sickness, some caused by accidents, some killed by someone,and some simply die of old age. However, this verse is telling us not to be afraid of someone who can kill our body. We do not want to imagine being killed by someone. But then, God is telling us that we should not be afraid of that person because he may kill us physically but not spiritually. Instead, we should fear God. If a man has devoted his life to God and feared Him because He is his King, I think there is no way for him to be separated from God after his physical death. He will live with his creator for eternity and that it the most important thing of all.

No comments: