Friday, February 29, 2008

Bible verse of the day... Luke 17:3 (NIV)

So watch yourselves. If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. Luke 17:3 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

There are instances which our friends, brothers, sisters or anyone sin against us. For example, my brother borrowed my car few days ago and he accidentally damaged it. At first, I was shocked and upset because it was a brand new car. How could he possibly allowed that to happened in the first place! He apologized and I explained to him that what he did was a lesson for him. I told him to be more careful every time he drives. I forgive him for what he did. I'm also glad that nothing bad had happened to him and to our cousins who were with him. I must say that it takes a while to overcome things but I've learned to forgive and I thank God for the protection He gave to my brother and cousins. I hope each and everyone of us must be able to forgive others who hurt us. I think it is good to sleep at night when no one hates us.

No comments: