Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Hebrews 13:2 (NIV)

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

This verse reminds me of many instances where God sent His angels that helped me in different ways. One instance when I was applying for the board exam. I have no idea what to do first and I was nervous because I didn't want to commit any mistakes in the application form. So, while I was falling in line, I was praying to God to help me. Then, all of a sudden there was this lady who was looking at me and asked me if it was my first time to take the board exam and I replied yes. In short, she told me to write this and that...so, I just wrote what she told me to write. Then, another lady told me to go here and there ...giving me directions and I just followed. The next thing I knew, I was done with my application. Everything happened so fast that I realized that God sent angels to helped me get through the application process. I was so grateful to Him after that and much more grateful when I got the result of the exam.
This memory verse tells us that we should not be afraid of talking or helping strangers because we never know if it was sent by God to guide us or assist us in difficult situations in life. God loves us so dearly that He would do anything to help us. I thank our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for this verse.

No comments: