Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Philippians 2:3 (NIV)

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Philippians 2:3 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

I agree with what scripture is saying that be humble and not to think of yourself greater than others. Many times I've encountered people who thought of others lesser than them because they have finished two degrees or such. These people treat others rudely and cannot accept that someone is richer or more intelligent than them. I pity these kind of people because they didn't know that everything they have are from God. It is merely a privilege and God can take that from them any time He wants to. He gave them that position or status because He wants them to serve their purpose. Unfortunately, there are people who take advantage of it and does not use it for God's glory. Humility is a word that everyone should be learned. This reminds me of one of my favorite bible verses...Matthew 5:5 which says "God gives special blessings to those who are humble and sets Himself against those who are proud." With this verse, I think there is nothing wrong if we humble ourselves before God and man.

No comments: