Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Proverbs 2:11 (NIV)

Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. Proverbs 2:11 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

When speak of discretion, it means ability to make responsible decision or judgment and understanding means our ability to comprehend. The words protect and guard are synonymous. Having these in mind, Jesus is telling us that if we make sound decisions in life, whatever it might be, and understanding the circumstances of that decision it will spare us from harm. For instance, if I decided to stay faithful with God for the rest of life and obey His commandments, by time I die, I know I will be with Him in paradise. That decision would spare me from the fires of hell. This memory verse is an assurance that anyone who makes right or just decisions is protected from harm or ruin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi and thank you for your insight.
There are things going on in my personal life that have made me rely more on God and my Catholic beliefs.
The reason i found this verse though is that the number 211 had been appearing frequently around me; almost hauntingly. I Googled it and ended up here.
I know now that it was God's way of reinforcing the "just" path in making choices in my life.
God is truly amazing-
Thanks again
Brian