Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Joel 2:13 (NIV)

Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Joel 2:13 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

Many times I failed the Lord and many times I have suffered the consequences of my actions. I have sinned against Him even in my thoughts especially when I'm upset or angry on something or at someone. But I regret it because I should be more patient and more understanding. Most of the time I asked Jesus to forgive me. This verse is telling us that we should return to God every time we fail or sin against Him. He is a forgiving God and doesn't want us to suffer because of our sinful ways. I hope all of us will be like Him, i.e. loving, forgiving, compassionate and slow in anger.

No comments: