Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Exodus 20:12 (NIV)

Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. Exodus 20:12 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

My parents may not be the perfect parents in the world but despite their shortcomings I love them and respect them. I don't think there is such a thing as perfect parents too. They are also human beings like us who commit mistakes just like everybody else. But God is telling us that we should honor them. We may wonder how do we honor our parents? Well, there are many ways to honor them. I think one way to honor them is by doing our best to live a decent and righteous life. We should not let them worry about us (children). God is also telling us that for those who honor their parents, He will give us a long life. Well, I think it's good to know that we will be bless with a long life by honoring them.

No comments: