Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Isaiah 43:11 (NIV)

I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. Isaiah 43:11 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

I think this verse is very simple to understand. It is telling us that there is no other savior for us except our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. No one can save us from the fires of hell unless we accepts Jesus as our savior. Many knows that Jesus has died for our sins but still they don't believe Him. I have talked with some people and most of them believe that they are saved by their good deeds. Well, we can't be saved by doing good alone but by confessing our sins to God and accepting Jesus as Lord and savior will save us. This reminds me of another verse in the bible which says "Jesus answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me [JOHN 14:6 NIV]." With this verse together with our verse of the day, it's obvious that the ONLY way to salvation is through Jesus. Hence, everybody must accept Jesus as their savior, so, they can be save.

No comments: