Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Psalm 56:3-4 (NIV)

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? Psalm 56:3-4 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

It's normal for a man to be afraid. Many of us are afraid to die or afraid to face problems we encounter. But I think we should not be afraid because Jesus is always there with us. No matter how big or small our problems are, we have to trust God that He will not forsake us. I think no man could hurt us if our faith is strong and believe that help is always on the way in times we need it. I had an experience with a subordinate at work who was suffering from mental illness. As the head of the institution I had to protect everybody, so, I talked with this person until help arrives. It was very difficult because I knew every minute that I stayed with that person I could die or get hurt. But I prayed to Jesus not to leave me and keep me safe. I was so grateful to Him because He was there and I could feel His presence during that trying moment. It was amazing because that person had stayed calm for several hours while inside my office. I knew Jesus had been my shield all along and the Holy Spirit had gave me the wisdom to say the right words while making conversation. Therefore, we should not be afraid because our living God protects His children always.

No comments: