Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."Hebrews 13:5 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

Money is part of our lives now a days. We can't buy food, etc. if we don't have money. The reason why we work hard or engage in business it's because we want to have a comfortable life and have money. However, this verse tells us that God doesn't want us to love money and go to the point in our lives that we would not do our Christian obligations just because of money. For instance, instead of going to church on Sabbath day, we would go to the office to work or stay home and do business. God is a great provider. He will always supply our needs. We should be content with the things we have. I'm very much grateful to Jesus because He provides me with everything because I have my five senses, i.e. sense of sight, hear, smell, touch and taste. It's great to wake up everyday that you feel refreshed and no pain in your body. I have my family, relatives and friends whom I love dearly. I think those are great blessings for me. God also provides me with good things in life and I'm most grateful to Him. So, why love money when you have Jesus in your life who is the great provider of all?

No comments: