Monday, April 7, 2008

Bible verse of the day...Jeremiah 17:14 (NIV)

Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:14 (NIV)

My reflection of the verse

This verse reminds me how God can heal our sickness and how He can save us from harm. Last Monday, I visited one of my aunts at the ICU and when I saw her I felt helpless. She was on respirator but conscious. I talked with her a bit and I told her that I wanted us to pray. We prayed to Jesus to heal her and asking Him to provide what is needed for her.
Then, few days(Friday) later she died. I would cherish the moment spent with her even for just few minutes. But I know God has healed her and now she is resting. I know that there are many people around the world who are sick and suffering but they should not lose hope. This verse is telling us that all we need to do is call on God and He will heal us in times of sickness / save us from harm. We just have to believe.

No comments: